2010-11-30

Thinking about painting...

Pic is by Magmatrix, a GD entry

Hey.

You have all seen that my painting is kinda crappy, and I admit so myself. However, I have been thinking, as you know, about both a repaint of my SW and making a new army of pre heresy Thousand Sons. I have now added to the list the possibility of making pre heresy Emperors Children :P

My main goal with that is practice with NMM Gold. I found this awesome tutorial and was really inspired. His red is awesome, but what caught my eye was the fantastic gold and silver/metal he made on the entire model. The EC-thought came from a revalation that they are the one legion that can sport lots of gold trim without making it look strange. Thousand Sons might pull it off (and that would be great since I'd love to paint red AND gold) but the white trim looks so good on them that I am not sure I want to try it out on them.

What do you think? Purple with lots of NMM gold, Red with lots of NMM gold or Red, white and some gold (not much).

- Natanael

No comments:

Post a Comment