2010-11-23

Battle =)

Hey.

Yesterday, as I said, we had a game of 40K. Since both my friends are kinda new to 40K, we played 2000p Nids vs. 1000p Imperial Guard and 1000p Space Wolves (me). I played a kinda fun list, just to have some different units in, so they can learn. We got Dawn of War, with the two objective mission. Sucks, but still, we ignored it quite much.

Anyway, I took some pictures of the "event", fo your pleasure.


Above is the board. Since my friends are WHFB-players, it was not as much good terrain as it should be. We had no ruins and not much in the way of LOS-blockers. But well, we made quite a good shooting gallery ;) You can see in the large stone-thingy that there are some Lascannons, not painted, and a squad of Guardsmen. That was our initial deploy. The Tyrans in the lower left is gonna be placed a bit more in cover, but otherwise right there. 


Here is the right flank on our turn 1. He put 24 Hormagaunts there as his starting troops, and so I rolled in with my crusader and rhino to deal with them and hold this flank. Night Fight screwed this up, tough, since all that could see was my AC who killed 3. 


Imperial Guard left flank. Here was a real shooting gallery. This is alo our turn 1, so not much Nids around yet. We managed to take out like 50% of the Ripper Swarms with some lucky shooting. 


This is like turn 3 or something. I cleaned out the Hormagaunts, only to be a little overconfident and so I got charged by Stealers and Warriors. Luckily, the stealers could not hurt the rhino, and my Grey Hunters held after loosing six of their number. I killed a warrior tough =D


Turn 4, he was very very close to the Guard lines. My Lone Wolf facing off against his tyrant didnt happen tough, as the IG shooting cleaned it all up =D


At turn 4, we had to call it, since I needed to go. This was how my flank looked tough. The LRC is dead, and the two GHs holding the warriors are very soon dead as well. And the pesky genestealer holding my HQ and other GH squad (the ball in the middle) died also. Only problem is that next is the tyranids turn 4, and since there was no time, we worked out what would probably happen. To keep it short, I just removed all my models :P 

Game ended with us having one objective, but the Warriors, Trygon and Old One Eye were very close, able to charge in the next turn. And I dont think that the IG would have had any chance of standing up against them. We called it a draw ;)

- Natanael

No comments:

Post a Comment