2010-11-25

40K Battle

Hey.

So I went to my local club tonight with a friend, and since he wanted to try his army for a tourney I ended up playing his Imperial Fists. Kinda nice to play something but my Space Wolves, but since I havent played in a while I really want to get some games in with them as well.

He played a version of his Loganwing:

Logan
10 TDA Wolf Guards w/ 2x CML and some other kit
4x5 TDA Wolf Guards w/ CML and some other kit. I think he had at least one combi-plasma in each.

My list was something like this:

Lysander
9 Sternguard with 2x Combi-Meltas and a Pod
2x Ironcald in Pod

2x10 Tactical Squads with Melta/Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power Weapon and Multimelta-Razorback
1x 10 Tactical Squad with Meltagun, Lascannon, Power Fist, Combi-Melta and Razorback

2x Typhoon

I'm not gonna do a turn by turn, but just a quick debreif as last time.


Above is his Logan, who is painted very very nice. His enitre army is comission-painted, and he paid extra to get Logan looking ace. My flash kinda ruined it, but at lest you can see some of the awesome painting. 


This is his deploy. He also had one squad on each flank, but they didnt do much this game. Killed a razorback or something like that. 


This is my deploy. On my other flank I had the last Razorback and Speeder hidden behind a house. 


In his first turn I had suck bad luck with my dice(cover saves mostly) that I had to build a little pyramid to please the dice gods. To my suprise they actually seemed to hear me, and my rolls improved for a turn or two :P 


This is my initial drop. The best thing to do would probably have been to hang back, shoot him and deny him as much kill points as I could. I had 18, he had 6 anyway, so. :P But that is kinda booring, so I went for it. Tried to block some of his guys with the pods, but did'nt do as good as I would have wanted. Still, Lysander and his boys shot a 5 man squad, and I was confident they were going down. Sadly, he made a ton of saves and I only killed one. And that was the pace of the game :P 


A turn later he hade cleaned up my Lysander, Sternguards and the Ironclad. I moved everything forward and shot him. Killed some guys, but not enough. 


Then he charged me, killed all my men and my Ironclad failed to kill Logan. 



This last pic is just before my "awesome" last charge. Logan went first and killed the whole squad :( In the end he won 14-1 in kill points. The mission sucked for me, since I had trouble outshooting him and had no chance in close combat. Were is my plasma when I need it? I actually took out 14 Wolf Guards, almost 1/2 his army (he has 31 models I think) but since the wounds were divided on all his squad, it didnt do much good. 

Well, stay tuned. 

- Natanael

No comments:

Post a Comment