2010-11-28

GothCon Army List

Hey.

I have been tinkering with my army list for GothCon 2011 and this is what I have come up with as version 1.0:


1750 SW GothCon
HQ
Wolf Lord - 260 points
Bike, Thunderhammer, Storm Shield, Runic Armour, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Saga of the Bear
Elites
Iron Priest - 165 points
Thunderwolf Mount, 4 Cyber Wolves, Wolf Tooth Necklace
Iron Priest - 165 points
Thunderwolf Mount, 4 Cyber Wolves, Wolf Tooth Necklace
Wolf Guards - 35
Drop Pod
Troops
10 Grey Hunters - 233 points
Plasma guns (2), Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard
Wolf Guard with Terminator Armour, Combi-Plasma, Power Fist
10 Grey Hunters - 220 points
Meltagun (2), Plasma Pistol, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod
10 Grey Hunters - 220 points
Meltagun (2), Plasma Pistol, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod
Fast Attack
3+1+1 SwifClaws - 218 points
Meltagun, Power Fist, Attack Bike
Wolf Guard with Bikes, Power Fist, Combi-Melta
3+1+1 SwifClaws - 218 points
Meltagun, Power Fist, Attack Bike
Wolf Guard with Bikes, Power Fist, Combi-Melta
Grand total: 1734 points, Comp: 57

As you can see, I have some points left. Any suggestions on what to do with them? I am currently thinking about dropping one of the Iron Priests in favor of a Dreadnought or some Scouts. I may also add some more bikes, since they are what is my "new" unit in this army. 

The tactics are really simple yet, I hope, effective. The WGs spare Drop Pod is there to make the two GH squads come down on turn one, and then I'll support them with the bikes, Lord and Iron Priests. That should give enough of a choice for the enemy to shoot at, and my hope is that the Iron Priest is gonna draw some fire away from the GHs and Swiftclaws who in turn are supposed to open transports and tear up what's inside (GHs for the first, bikes for the latter). The large GH pack is supposed to slog up the field to take any middle objectives or just hold one in my deployment zone. They pack a lot of plasma to threaten anything that comes close. 

That is it for today. Hopefully you'll get an interesting article from a friend of mine in a few days, were he discusses his Daemon list and it's uses (and hopefully how to take it out). It is a post that I look forward to, a lot, since I have never won against that list. One draw in like 15 games. That's not a good record ;) 

Cheers, 

- Natanael 

No comments:

Post a Comment