2010-12-12

First True Scaled Marines...

Hi.

I've got to work on to torso-tests, and while they are drying I manged to get some pics with arms and head blue-tacked on. I can really start to understand the people that say that once you go true scale, you never go back. Sorry for the picture quality, I've only got my iPhone cam at the moment. Hopefullt there will be better ones soon, when my mom comes back with her digicam. Here you go:

This torso I made using Lamenters tutorial, mostly. Didn't turn out to bad, but not that good either. Still, he looks nice and big :P  

 This one I made using Apologists style, more or less. He is leaning forward a bit much ATM, so you cant really see the chest, but it is built like a Mk IV plate. Kinda bulky, but I think I like this the best, since it is much easier and you can cover up mistakes much more easy. 


First guy again, better pic maybe. The hardest part was the waist, since the chest armour have to be wider, but not too bulky. Still, I think I managed quite well.  


They are both kinda the same height, and they are quite a lot larget then a regular marine. I need to find some 30mm bases, since the 25mm are way too small, and the 40mm ones are TDA-stuff. 

Cheers,

- Natanael

No comments:

Post a Comment