2010-12-18

First battle for the Legion

As the title says, I had a first taste of battle with my Alpha Legion army. I proxied everything (yay!) to give it a got against a friends Space Wolves. When we started up, I didnt play very seriously, and had some bad luck with both my Daemon packs coming in turn 2, but that turned out to be great later on, as they held up his TWC for almost the entire game, letting me get some kill points in. However, it all turned to disaster when Logan finally came down from a ruin he drop podded into. At the same time my Daemons died, and the TWC could do a bit of cleanup. In the end I had only one squad of marines left, and there was no way to keep them alive for long :P

Things learned:
- Alpharius needs some wings
- I need to remember warptime
- I need to be more careful with were I place the big guys
- Daemons are 'ard, tough they should suck =D
- You hardly can infiltrate chosen. 18" is kinda far away from the enemy...

Well, next week maybe there will be a new battle. If not, I'll have to wait until januari, after my Kenya-visit, to play with them again.

Oh, and three of the marines I've made are ready for priming. Pics probably tonight.

- Natanael

No comments:

Post a Comment